Know the benefits, nutritional value, vitamins and minerals present, plant compounds, and side effects of eating apples –
What are the health benefits of Apples?
Control cholesterol levels & protect from heart disease
- Factors that increase the risk of heart disease have been investigated in many studies.
- One study found that consuming apples can reduce cholesterol levels.
- Also, the same results were seen in studies regarding heart disease.
- In many animal and test-tube studies, it has been found that the elements present in apples help protect against colon and lung cancer.
- According to a study, the risk of cancer can be reduced by eating one apple daily.
Controls blood sugar level
- According to some facts, consuming apples helps in reducing blood sugar levels and preventing diabetes.
- Certain antioxidants present in apples slow down digestion and reduce the absorption of sugar.
Nutrition facts of Apples
Per 100 grams of apple has –
- 52 calorie
- 86 percent water
- 0.3 gram protein
- 13.8 gram carbs
- 10.4 gram sugar
- 2.4 gram fiber
- 0.2 gram fat
- Apples have a good amount of fiber.
- Which has many health benefits.
- Fiber helps keep blood sugar levels low and improves digestion, including feeling full and helping you lose weight.
- Mainly apples are made of carbs and water.
- Whereas they contain a good amount of simple sugars like glucose, fructose, sucrose.
- Apart from being high carb and sugar, apples have a very low glycemic index.
- The glycemic index helps to know how fast your blood sugar level rises after a meal.
Vitamin & Mineral in Apples
- Vitamin C – This vitamin is very important for the proper function of the body. It is quite common among fruits containing antioxidants.
- Potassium – This is one of the main minerals present in apples. Consuming apples in large quantities has many benefits for heart health.
Other plant compounds in Apples
- It is a type of natural antioxidant.
- Most commonly found in green tea.
- In animal studies, its consumption was seen to help improve muscle function, including improving brain function.
- It is found in coffee.
- It has been seen in some studies that it helps in reducing blood sugar levels, including weight loss.
- It is a nutrient that is present in many plant foods.
- In animal studies, it has been shown to have anti-inflammatory, antiviral, anticancer, anti-depressant properties.
Side effects of Apples
- Almost everyone digests apples properly.
- But patients with irritable bowel syndrome may face problems.
- Many types of fiber are present in apples which can cause digestive symptoms.
- In this, some people may have gas, stomach pain, etc
- People with fructose intolerance can also have problems with its element.
FAQs – Apples
How many apples should you eat a day?
- 1 to 2 apples in a day are good for overall health.
Do apples make you poop?
- Apples are a good source of fiber.
- Fibers pass through the intestine without been digested, eventually helps in regular bowel movements and stool formation.
What vitamins are in apple?
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B
Should I eat apple in constipation?
- Yes, it has many benefits.
- Insoluble fiber present in apples helps in giving bulk to the stool.
- It also helps in cleansing the intestines.
- Also relieves constipation.
What are the benefits of eating apples?
- Boost immune health
- Lower blood pressure
- Helps in digestion because of the fiber content
- Rich in antioxidants which works by killing free radicals
- Diabetic-friendly fruit
- Lowers blood pressure
Apple is one of the most popular fruits in the world. It is rich in many antioxidants including high fiber, vitamin C, etc. While the amount of calories in them is very less.
The benefits of apples have been recognized in many studies. Including benefits for the heart, reducing the risk of cancer and preventing diabetes, etc.