Our body is about 60 percent water. We keep releasing water from our body in many ways like urine and sweating etc. To save oneself from lack of water, it is necessary to drink the right amount of water.
According to the health department, a person should drink at least 2 liters of water a day. Whereas according to some health experts, whether you are thirsty or not, you should drink little water every day.
Like most things, the water requirement of your body depends on many factors, including the internal and external of each individual.
Today in this article we are going to tell you how much water you should drink per day –
Don’t know how much water to drink in a day? Here are the answers to all your doubts
- Maintaining water balance in the body is very important for survival.
- That’s why our body’s system is such that it tells us when and how much water to drink.
- When the water level in our bodies decreases, we start feeling thirsty.
- To feel thirsty, you do not need to think, it is controlled by a mechanism like breath.
- People associated with sports need electrolytes with water so that after a tough workout, the risk associated with the lack of water in the body can be avoided.
Apart from this, there are some factors where water should be drunk more –
- Excessive sweating
- Hot weather
- Breastfeeding mother
- Aged people
Does drinking water make a difference to energy levels and brain function?
- Many people believe that if there is a lack of water in your body, then it affects your energy level and brain function.
- It has been seen in studies that the complaints of headaches increase with changes in attention and mood after exercise.
- Other studies have observed that exercise or heat causes mild dehydration in addition to damage to brain function.
- Mild dehydration results in loss of strength with physical activity.
Does drinking more water make you lose weight?
- There are many facts that believe that drinking more water improves metabolism, reduces appetite, and reduces body weight.
- It has been seen in studies that by drinking ½ liter of water, our metabolism gets boosted by 24 to 30 percent.
- It has also been seen in research that drinking 2 liters of water a day burns 96 more calories per day.
- Apart from this, drinking cold water can also be beneficial because your body needs more calories to heat the water to body temperature.
- By drinking water before meals, you eat less food, due to which you consume fewer calories than other people.
- By taking the right amount of water regularly before eating a healthy diet, you can lose a lot of weight.
Can drinking more water prevent health problems?
Drinking more water benefits in many health problems –
- Cancer – According to studies, drinking more water reduces the risk of bladder and colorectal cancer.
- Constipation – One of the common problems is constipation by drinking more water in case of constipation.
- For acne and skin – Along with keeping the skin hydrated, it helps in keeping problems like acne away.
- Kidney stone – Drinking more water increases the risk of kidney stones.
Do other fluids work?
- Fluid cannot be balanced with just plain water.
- For this, other drinks and foods also affect.
- According to a myth, tea or coffee does not keep you hydrated because caffeine is a diuretic.
- Most of the foods and vegetables have a significant amount of water.
- Therefore, consuming all these can help the body in keeping fluid balance.
Things to keep in mind
- It depends on each person how much water they need.
- Some people have many benefits of drinking water.
- However, many people may feel a state of diarrhea that leads to frequent trips to the bathroom.
Apart from this, some simple things should be kept in mind like –
- Do drink water when you are thirsty.
- Stop when you are not thirsty.
- Water should be drunk in the right amount during the summer season and exercising.
- This helps in balancing the fluid.
There are many benefits of drinking water as it is necessary not only to lose weight quickly but also for the health of our whole body.
Apart from this, there are many benefits of drinking hot water, which should not be ignored.
FAQS – How much water to drink in a day?
Is 3 Litres of water a day too much?
- Not for everyone, factors like weather, etc also matter.
How can I drink 8 glasses of water a day?
- You can have small sips of water throughout the day.
- There are many fitness bands available that can remind you – when to have water.
Can I drink 5 Litres of water a day?
- If you are overweight and want to lose weight then it can help you.
- Doing intense exercise can also increase the requirement of water in the body.
How much water should a person drink in 24 hours?
- Men – around 4-liter water.
- Women around 3-liter water.
Is 4 Litres of water a day too much?
- It depends upon how much activity you perform in a day.
- Some people who don’t have too much activity to do – 4 liter of water can be too much.