In this article, you got to know about how to get rid of yellow teeth, home remedies, and their causes –
How to get rid of yellow teeth?
The change in the color of your teeth can be subtle and gradual. Some yellowing may be unavoidable.
With age, the color of teeth may become more yellow or dark. As the outer enamel is removed, more yellow dentin becomes visible at the bottom.
Dentin is the second layer of calcified tissue below the outer enamel layer. If you are thinking of polishing your teeth you can try some other methods.
Caution should be exercised while taking home teeth whitening treatments as improper use or prolonged use can lead to problems.
In such a situation, you can rub the enamel, which can cause problems of tooth sensitivity and cavity.
Home remedies to get rid of yellow teeth
- You can use coconut oil for this.
- Oil pulling with coconut oil helps in removing plaque and bacteria from the mouth.
- Keep 1 or 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in the mouth for 10 to 30 minutes and then rinse.
- Do not allow the oil to reach the back of the throat.
- Keep in mind that the oil is not to be ingested as it contains many toxins and bacteria present in the mouth.
- After spitting it, you can rinse the mouth with clean water.
- After rinsing one should drink a glass of water and then brush.
Eat foods with high water content
- It is said that eating raw fruits and vegetables with high water content can keep your teeth healthy.
- The water content is known to clean your teeth, gums plague, and bacteria that lead to yellow teeth.
- Chewing crunchy fruits and vegetables at the end of a meal can increase the production of saliva.
- This can help remove food particles trapped in your teeth and wash away any harmful acids.
- While there is no doubt that a diet high in fruits and vegetables is good for your dental and overall health, there is not much scientific evidence to support these claims.
- It has been seen in research that due to lack of vitamin C, there is a risk of dental problems.
- Whereas teeth remain healthy when there is a high plasma vitamin C level.
Lemon, Orange, and Banana Peel
- Some people claim that rubbing the peel of a lemon, orange, or banana on their teeth brings the shine.
- It is believed that citric acid, which is found in juicy fruits, helps in teeth whitening.
- Apart from this, the peels can be rubbed on the teeth for at least 2 minutes.
- After which do not forget to brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes.
- Scientific research proving the effectiveness of using fruit peels to whiten teeth is lacking.
- Juicy fruits contain acid content so they should be used carefully.
- Due to this, there is a risk of grinding the enamel of the teeth.
- After using it, stop the use of the teeth are sensitive.
- The most important thing is to brush your teeth regularly in the right way.
- Be sure to brush your teeth after yellowing foods or drinks.
- However, use caution when brushing immediately after consuming acidic foods and drinks.
- Brushing immediately after acidic foods puts you at risk of brushing too much enamel, which can lead to tooth discoloration.
- Teeth should be brushed for two minutes at least twice a day.
- Take care that nothing remains stuck in the teeth.
- Gently clean the teeth in circular motions without harming the gums.
- Brush the inner, outer, and chewing parts of the teeth.
- According to a study, teeth become white when brushed with whitening toothpaste.
- These whitening kinds of toothpaste contain mild abrasives that scrub the teeth to remove surface stains but are gentle enough to be safe.
- You can use activated charcoal to remove stains from your teeth.
- It is believed that charcoal can remove pigment and stains from your teeth as it is highly absorbent.
- It is also said to get rid of bacteria and toxic substances in the mouth.
- There are many toothpastes that contain activated charcoal and help in whitening the teeth.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used in small amounts to whiten teeth.
- Make a mouthwash by mixing 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 12 teaspoons of water.
- Keep it around the mouth for at least 30 seconds and rotate it.
- After that rinse and brush the teeth.
- Using a paste made of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide helps remove plaque buildup and bacteria to get rid of tooth stains.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide to make a paste.
- After brushing with this paste, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- You can also use equal proportions of the ingredients to make mouthwash or use baking soda with water.
What causes yellowing of teeth?
- Red wine, coffee, tea, etc.
- High sugar diet
- Side effect of some medicines
- Poor oral hygiene
- Lack of saliva in the mouth
- Chronic dry mouth
- Yellowing may occur with age
- Poor dental care
There are many options at home that you can try to whiten your teeth.
However, be careful as you can damage your enamel or gums, which can lead to sensitivity and cavities.
The best way to whiten your teeth is to prevent stains before they appear, continue to practice good oral hygiene, and get regular dental checkups.
If you have tried these methods without success, your dentist can help you determine whether another treatment method may be a better option.