Know about the nutritional value, and health benefits of Radish
What are the benefits of Radish?
- Consuming leafy vegetables helps in preventing cancer.
- The compounds present in radish do not allow the substance that causes cancer to develop in the body.
- Radish also contains fiber content.
- By eating radish daily, the body gets fiber.
- Also, it does not cause constipation.
- Consuming fiber helps in managing blood sugar levels, reducing weight, and lowering cholesterol levels in the body.
- Radish leaves in particular give a lot of benefits.
- It has been seen in the study that by consuming radish juice, gastric ulcer can be prevented.
- Radish naturally has antifungal properties.
- Candida albicans is commonly found in the body.
- It does not allow the bacteria present in the body to grow more.
- On the other hand, overgrowth of Candida albicans causes vaginal yeast infections, oral thrush, and invasive candidiasis.
Healthy diet plan
- cup of radish contains 12 calories while the amount of fat is negligible.
- In India, people have been using radish in many types of recipes, etc.
- Radish is considered a good source of Vitamin C.
- cup of radish contains 14 percent of the daily requirement of vitamin C.
- Vitamin C is a type of antioxidant that protects the body from free radicals.
- In addition, vitamin C plays an important role in collagen production, which benefits the skin.
- Small amounts of potassium, folate, niacin, vitamin-K, vitamin B6, magnesium, calcium, riboflavin, copper, zinc, sodium, manganese, phosphorus etc. are also available in radish.
What is the nutritional value of Radish?
In half a cup of raw radish –
- 12 calories
- 0.35 g protein
- 2.0 g carbs
- 1 gram dietary fiber
- 134 mg potassium
- 15 mcg folate
What is a radish?
- Radish has been used in Ayurveda to treat many types of doshas.
- Apart from this, radish has also been used in other ancient medical systems for the treatment of fever, sore throat, inflammation and stomach disorders.
- This root vegetable is broccoli, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, mustard greens, turnip, etc.
Radish is good and safe for health. Consuming too much of it can affect thyroid hormone production.
In general, you can take advantage of using radish in many types of recipes.
FAQS – Radish
When should radish be consumed?
- In the winter season, it is advisable to consume radish in the afternoon.
- You can eat it in vegetable, paratha or salad.
What are the benefits of drinking radish juice?
- Diabetes diet benefits
- Low glycemic index
- Vitamin C
- Folic acid
- Relief from pyuria
- Cold, cold, etc.
After how much time should we drink milk after eating radish?
- at least 2 hours later
What is the taste of radish?
- The taste of radish is hot.
- It is good to consume in winter.
What are the benefits of radish leaves?
They contain a good amount of the following –
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin A
- Better immunity
- To relieve fatigue, etc.
What is the benefit of eating radish in piles?
- It contains dietary fiber which helps in digestion.
- Which helps in reducing weight, keeping blood sugar level under control.
How to eat radish in jaundice?
- Eat radish raw in case of jaundice.
- to keep the body hydrated
- keeping blood sugar level under control
- Has a low glycemic index.
Which vegetable should not be eaten with radish?
- Bitter gourd