One of the healthiest foods in the world, chia seeds are not only full of nutrients but also have many health benefits. It is very important for our body as well as mind. Today in this article we are going to tell you the uses of chia seeds, how to eat chia seeds, chia plant, how to eat chia seeds to lose weight, chia seeds Indian names and health benefits –
What are the benefits of chia seeds?
Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Chia seeds contain high fiber, protein and omega-3 which are effective in reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Studies on animals have shown that chia seeds increase HDL cholesterol along with reducing the risk of inflammation, triglycerides, belly fat and insulin sensitivity.
- One of the main causes of heart disease in some people is known to be low levels of high blood pressure.
- Along with lifestyle and dietary changes, chia seeds help in improving heart health.
- Chia seeds are very important for our bone health.
- It contains amount of protein including calcium, magnesium, phosphorus.
- This quantity is higher as compared to dairy products.
- If you do not take dairy products, then chia seeds are best for you.
- Chia seeds also contain phytic acid which affects the absorption of calcium to some extent.
Full of nutrients
Chia seeds contain the following ingredients –
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
Rich in antioxidants
- The antioxidants present in it protect the sensitive fat of the seed.
- The job of antioxidants is to prevent the development of free radicals and protect our body from them.
- At the same time, it protects against diseases like aging and cancer by preventing the loss of cells.
Lowering blood sugar level
- Having high fasting blood sugar levels is a symptom of untreated type 2 diabetes.
- High fasting blood sugar levels can increase the risk of many chronic diseases such as heart disease.
- Studies on animals have shown that chia seeds help improve insulin sensitivity, control blood sugar levels, and control post-meal blood sugar levels.
- There are 11 grams of fiber in 28 grams of chia seeds, which our body cannot digest.
- Fiber is very important for our digestive system.
- It not only prevents the stool from getting tight but also helps in reducing weight.
High protein quality
- Chia seeds contain a good amount of protein.
- Chia seeds have a higher concentration than other plant-based proteins.
- In addition, it has a good balance of essential amino acids that enable our body to make proteins.
- Protein has many health benefits but it helps in weight loss the most.
- It is a good protein source for vegetarians.
Reduce chronic inflammation
- Inflammation is a common process in which the skin becomes red or swollen due to infection or injury.
- Inflammation helps our body to heal its wounds and fight against bacteria, viruses, etc.
- The same goes for chronic inflammation associated with the risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Many unhealthy lifestyles such as smoking, lack of exercise or poor diet increase the risk of inflammation.
- Apart from this, some healthy foods are helpful in reducing it.
For weight loss
- Many health experts believe that chia seeds help in reducing weight.
- The fiber present in chia seeds absorbs water and spreads in the stomach.
- After which the stomach feels full and the absorption of food slows down.
- The proteins present in chia seeds reduce appetite.
- To reduce weight, more benefits are seen by taking it in breakfast.
- Apart from this, along with food, healthy lifestyle, sleeping on time and regular exercise are necessary to reduce weight.
Include in diet
- It is easy to include them in the diet.
- They can be eaten raw, mixed with juice or made into any sweet food etc.
- Chia seeds can be eaten with cereals, curd, vegetables or rice.
- They can be mixed with water to make a gel.
- At least 20 grams of chia seeds should be eaten in a day.
Omega-3 Fatty Acid
- Talking about its vegetarian source, like flaxseeds, chia seeds are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Chia seeds contain more omega-3 acids than non-vegetarian sources salmon (a type of fish).
- However, most vegetarian omega-3 sources contain alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) which is not as beneficial as we expected.
- The human body is not able to convert ALA to another form.
- That’s why omega-3 sources like fish oil are mostly used.
- Vegetarians are given its plant based supplements.
Is it safe to eat too much chia seed?
Chia seeds are rich in fiber and it leads to the formation of gas. This kind-hearted type of seed produces a soft stool, as opposed to hard stools from most other types of beans that make you feel heavy after defecation. It has been said by many people that they consume chia seeds on empty stomach to avoid constipation.
Chia seeds are not only full of nutrients, but they are also very easy to cook along with being full in omega-3 fats, antioxidants, fiber. According to studies, there are many health benefits of chia seeds such as helping in weight loss as well as being helpful in reducing inflammation. Apart from this, for any other question or problem, questions should be asked by contacting the doctor.
FAQS – Chia seeds
Does chia seeds make you gain weight?
Chia seeds lose its fibrous nature, but most of the case studies used to show no such effects.
How chia seeds help you lose weight?
Chia seeds block the production of carbs and fats.
What are chai seeds?
Chia seeds are small, oval seeds from South America. The name chia comes from the Mayan “chian.” Legend has it that in 590 AD a priest and his devoted flock stood atop ceremonial pyramids, where they remained for the following 16 days without food or water except for their seed supply of these sacred plants.