Looking at today’s perspective, the cause of obesity is considered to be carbs. Although not all carbohydrates are the same, there is a difference between healthy and unhealthy carbs. In this article, you will know such healthy high carb foods –
List of Healthy High Carb Foods for weight gain
- Being made from whole grains, it is rich in healthy carbs.
- Raw oats contain a good amount of fiber.
- They are considered effective in reducing cholesterol levels, including reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Consuming oats helps in lowering the blood sugar level in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- In addition, oats are considered a good source of antioxidants including vitamins, minerals.
- It is one of the most popular food in the world.
- Apart from a good amount of potassium, it also provides a good amount of healthy carbs.
- Apart from this, banana is considered good in many plant compounds including vitamin C, vitamin B6.
- Due to the potassium present in bananas, it helps in reducing blood pressure, including improving heart health.
- It is full of many nutrients.
- Carbs present in sweet potatoes contain starch, sugar, and fiber.
- Sweet potatoes are considered a good source of provitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Apart from oxidative damage due to its consumption, it is considered helpful in reducing the risk of many diseases.
- Sweet potatoes are also a good source of antioxidants.
- It is a gluten free food that has a good amount of carbs.
- It contains a good amount of protein, fiber, more minerals, and antioxidants.
- Its consumption helps in heart health, blood sugar control, etc. of diabetics.
- Apart from fiber, it is also a good source of healthy carbs.
- It is rich in many B vitamins including vitamin C, potassium, etc.
- The plant compounds and antioxidants present in oranges are very good for health.
- It removes the lack of blood in the body, improves heart health, and prevents kidney stone formation.
- It is considered a good source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, plant compounds.
- The elements present in beetroot are helpful in lowering blood pressure, reducing the risk of many diseases.
- Also, it contains a good amount of carbs.
- Its juice is considered effective in increasing strength during exercise.
- Apart from good taste, it is full of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Apples contain healthy plant compounds including vitamin C and a good amount of antioxidants.
- Apart from this, it is full of high carbs.
- Eating them daily helps in reducing the risk of heart disease, reducing the risk of some types of cancer, and controlling blood sugar levels.
- They contain a good amount of plant based protein.
- Apart from this, it is high in carbs and fiber.
- Many types of vitamins, minerals, iron, B-vitamins, phosphorus are present in grams.
- Apart from improving heart health, it also improves the digestive system.
- Also, they are known to prevent many types of cancer.
- This food is rich in many nutrients.
- It does not contain any type of gluten.
- Also, the amount of healthy carbs in quinoa is quite high.
- It is also considered a good source of protein and fiber.
- Quinoa is rich in many plant and mineral compounds.
- Controlling blood sugar levels etc. is also one of its benefits.
- Due to the good amount of protein, fiber, it is also effective in reducing weight including making the stomach feel full.
In today’s time, carbohydrates are considered to be the most important reason for obesity or weight gain.
Not all types of carbs are the same. Carbs found in junk food are unhealthy and work to increase obesity with health damage.
Whereas the causes of obesity and weight gain can be avoided by the consumption of healthy carbs mentioned above.
FAQS – Healthy high carb foods
What is Complex Carbohydrate?
- Foods containing high fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, after consuming which blood sugar level remains under control.
- Also, it helps in reducing weight by keeping your stomach full.
What do carbohydrates get from eating?
- Sweet potato
How much carbohydrate should be taken in 1 day?
- Generally, between 45 to 60 percent of healthy carbohydrates should be consumed in a balanced diet.
Which things contain carbohydrates?
- Carbohydrates are found in both whole grains and junk food.
- Whole grain healthy carbohydrates like wheat, maize, rice, etc.
- Junk foods contain harmful carbohydrates like burgers, pizza, sweets, etc.