The condition of high blood sugar occurs when our body is not able to effectively transport sugar through the blood to the cells. If not treated on time, it can take the form of diabetes.
While many people do not know how to control blood sugar levels, today in this article we are going to tell you ways to reduce blood sugar levels –
Don’t know how to control blood sugar levels naturally! Here are the ways
Consuming more fiber
- It works by slowing down carb digestion and sugar absorption.
- Due to this, the level of sugar in the blood starts increasing.
- Blood sugar levels depend on the type of fiber you eat.
- There are two types of fiber – soluble and insoluble.
- Both types of fiber are necessary.
- Soluble fiber is considered more effective for blood sugar.
- Consuming a high fiber diet helps people with type 1 diabetes.
- Exercising daily will help in reducing weight.
- Also, it improves insulin sensitivity.
- With better insulin sensitivity, our cells are able to make better use of sugar in the blood.
- With exercise, muscle is made and blood sugar is used for energy.
- If you have any problem with controlling blood sugar, then it should be checked regularly.
- With this, you will get rid of the problem of low or high blood level by doing different things.
- In good exercise – lifting weights, walking, running, cycling, dancing, swimming, etc. can be done.
- Our body breaks down carbs to make glucose, after which insulin delivers it to the cells.
- When you eat too many carbs or have a problem with insulin function, your blood sugar level rises.
- It has been seen in many studies that low carb diet helps in reducing blood sugar level.
Foods with low glycemic index
- This element is created due to the response of blood sugar due to foods with carbs.
- Blood sugar level can be kept low by eating low glycemic food.
- The amount of carbs should also be taken care of with this meal.
- For this, oats, beans, sweet potatoes, fruits, and non-starchy foods should be taken.
Keep weight under control
- Taking care of what you eat not only helps in limiting calorie intake but also helps in weight loss.
- By keeping weight under control, the blood sugar level remains healthy.
- Due to which the risk of diseases is reduced.
- The weight control can be done by checking blood sugar levels regularly and checking calories.
Keep your body hydrated
- By drinking the right amount of water, blood sugar levels can be kept in check.
- Along with this, the body can be saved from a lack of water.
- Due to this, the extra sugar gets out of the body through the kidneys and urine.
- Drinking water regularly reduces the risk of diseases.
- Whereas soda or drinks available in the market increases the risk of weight gain, increased blood sugar level.
Controlling stress levels
- Stress plays an important role in affecting blood sugar levels.
- Due to stress, certain hormones are released from our body, due to which the level of blood sugar increases.
- According to the study, stress can be reduced by exercising, staying relaxed, and meditation.
- Apart from this, stress can be reduced by doing yoga and mind-calming exercises.
- Getting enough sleep is very important for good health.
- Poor sleeping habits can lead to an increase in blood sugar levels.
- Also, it can lead to increased appetite and weight gain.
- Changes in sleep increase stress hormones, which increase blood sugar.
- To keep it under control, it is necessary to take good and complete sleep.
Increase magnesium intake
- Foods with a good amount of magnesium should be consumed.
- This helps in reducing the high blood sugar level.
- For this, whole grains, coffee, nuts, broccoli can be consumed.
- Along with this, you can also eat foods containing green vegetables, avocado, beans, banana, and dark chocolate.
- Cinnamon is known to have many health benefits.
- One of the many benefits of cinnamon is an improvement in insulin sensitivity.
- When the blood sugar level rises after a meal, it works to break down carbs during digestion.
- It is a good source of soluble fiber which helps in lowering the blood sugar level.
- It has been seen in many studies that it lowers the blood sugar level.
- Also, it improves fasting glucose and glucose sensitivity.
- Diabetes can be treated by using it in food.
- It is known as the safest herb.
Apple cider vinegar
- It has many health benefits.
- Its consumption helps in reducing fasting blood sugar levels.
- It can be taken in salad.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water.
- However, a doctor should be consulted before its consumption.
Patients with high blood sugar levels should consult a doctor before making any lifestyle changes or trying any new supplement. If you are troubled by the problem of blood sugar or are taking medicines, then you should take some natural remedies. By doing this, insulin sensitivity is also better along with better health.
FAQS – How to control blood sugar levels naturally?
What can I drink to control blood sugar?
- Karela juice
- Barley water
- Fenugreek water
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cinnamon water
What should I eat if my sugar is high?
- Sweet potatoes
What decreases blood sugar?
- Regular exercise – swimming, walking, running, yoga, hiking, gymming, etc.
- Healthy foods – low carb foods, whole-grain foods, etc.
- Avoid foods – sugary drinks, junk food, high carb foods, etc.