Many couples have fertility problems which can be due to many reasons. Nothing less than a challenge for some but you are not the only couple suffering from this problem. Some health and lifestyle changes can help to boost fertility.
Natural ways to increase fertility
- Consuming vegetarian protein sources is beneficial to reduce the risk of infertility. For this, you can consume nuts, seeds, beans, etc.
- Studies have found that consuming 5 percent of total calories from vegetable-based protein can reduce the risk of ovulatory infertility by 50 percent.
- Maca Root – It is known to improve the quality of sperm.
- Ashwagandha – It is also used to boost fertility including improving many functions.
- Shilajit – This natural herb is used to increase sex drive, including many health benefits and increase fertility.
Choose High Fat Dairy
- Consuming too much of low fat dairy can increase the risk of infertility.
- Whereas it can be reduced by consuming high fat dairy food.
- To take advantage of high fat dairy, you can consume a glass of milk or full fat curd.
- Eating healthy fats daily is very important to improve overall health and fertility.
- However, trans fats are known to have a negative effect on insulin sensitivity.
- As a result, the risk of ovulatory infertility increases.
- Generally trans fats are found in hydrogenated vegetable oils, fried foods, processed foods, etc.
- According to studies, a high trans fat diet, as well as a low unsaturated diet, is seen to be linked to infertility in both men and women.
- The benefits of exercising are many, it improves the fertility of the body.
- In comparison to obese people, moderate exercise has better fertility in both men and women.
- Whereas doing too much intense exercise reduces fertility in women.
- Exercising too much changes the energy balance of the body and it has a bad effect on the reproductive system.
Include multivitamins in your diet
- If you take a multivitamin, your risk of experiencing ocular infertility is reduced.
- According to an estimate, consuming 3 or more multivitamins per week can reduce infertility in women by 20 percent.
- The micronutrients found in vitamins play an important role in reproduction.
- Women who want to become pregnant benefit from taking a multivitamin containing folate.
Avoid alcohol consumption
- Consumption of alcohol has a negative effect on fertility.
- However, there is no evidence to what extent this happens.
- If you are trying to conceive, it is better to avoid the consumption of alcohol.
- Due to the high level of stress and anxiety in the body, the chances of conceiving are reduced.
- Whereas by keeping yourself relaxed in many other ways, including meditation, your chances of conceiving can be increased.
Try to maintain a healthy weight
- When it comes to fertility in men and women, it is very important to balance the weight.
- Being underweight or overweight can increase the risk of infertility.
- This is because the fat stored in the female body affects the monthly function.
- Ovulation and menstrual irregularities are associated with obesity which affects egg development.
- The doctor can help you lose weight if you are overweight and gain weight in case you are underweight to increase your chances of pregnancy.
Reduce caffeine intake
- The amount of caffeine in tea and coffee is very high.
- Consuming it in limited quantity gives benefits.
- Whereas consuming too much amount increases the risk of fertility problems.
Reduce the intake of carbs in cases of PCOS
- Generally, women with PCOS are advised to take a low carb diet to lose weight.
- While many studies have found that managing carbs benefits some aspects of PCOS.
- Low carb diets help women with PCOS maintain a healthy weight, reduce insulin levels, lose fat, and have regular menstruation.
- A lot of people make breakfast light while breakfast should be made a little bigger and heavier.
- By doing this, women with fertility problems get benefits.
- According to a study, hormonal effects can be reduced by better eating a good breakfast, the biggest cause of infertility problems like PCOS.
- Whereas it is worth noting that apart from increasing the size of breakfast, not lightening the evening meal can cause weight gain.
- Consuming fiber not only helps in flushing out the excess hormones present in the stomach but also in the body and helps in keeping blood sugar balanced.
- Consuming certain types of fiber helps in flushing out the excess estrogen accumulated in the intestines.
- High fiber foods like whole grains, fruits, vegetables, pulses, etc.
- Apart from this, the level of progesterone and estrogen in avocado, sweet potato, oats, etc. is low and they are soluble fiber.
Reduce refined carbs
- When it comes to carbohydrates, their type depends more than their quantity.
- Some examples of refined carbs are refined flour, white pasta, bread, rice, drinks, sugary foods, etc.
- Consuming them leads to an increase in the blood sugar level.
- Also, their glycemic index is very high.
- Insulin is chemically similar to the ovarian hormone that helps in the maturation of the egg.
- Continuously elevated insulin levels can reduce the growth of reproductive cells.
- Folate and zinc are considered to be the most important antioxidants in ways to increase fertility in women and men.
- It protects sperm in men and egg cells in women from damage.
- According to studies, the quality of sperm is better if men eat antioxidant rich walnuts daily.
- At the same time, it was seen in studies that in addition to seeing higher chances of pregnancy due to high folate intake by women, the rate of childbirth was significantly higher.
- Fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains, which are rich in antioxidants like vitamin C, folate, vitamin E, etc. should be consumed.
In order to increase fertility, it is necessary to keep the body and reproductive system healthy. This makes it easier to get pregnant.
Along with consuming a nutrient-rich diet, lifestyle changes and moderate exercise can prepare the body for pregnancy.
For any other problem or question, you should consult a doctor.