Know about the benefits of Orange Juice –
Orange Juice Benefits
Improve heart health
- Heart problems are one of the leading causes of death worldwide.
- It has been seen in some studies that drinking orange juice can reduce many factors of heart disease.
- Factors of heart disease include high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
- Whereas orange juice helps in keeping the heart healthy and strong.
- Its consumption increases the level of good cholesterol, which keeps the heart healthy.
- Orange juice protects against damage caused by free radicals.
- According to research, antioxidants are very important to maintain overall health.
- It protects our body from chronic conditions like heart disease, cancer, diabetes.
- Small mineral deposits that accumulate in the kidneys, causing severe pain, nausea or passing stools in the urine.
- Consuming orange juice can increase the pH level of urine or make it more alkaline.
- According to studies, more alkaline or high pH of urine prevents kidney stones.
- Acute inflammation is a response of our immune system to protect the body from diseases and infections.
- Long-term high levels of inflammation contribute to the development of chronic diseases.
- Metabolic syndrome, heart disease, and certain cancers have higher levels of inflammation types.
- If some studies are to be believed, orange juice can reduce inflammation.
- Keep in mind that orange juice should be drunk fresh.
Full of nutrients
- Orange juice is high in nutrients like vitamin C, folate, potassium.
- 1 cup of orange juice contains 110 calories, 2 grams of protein, 25 grams of carbs, vitamin C, potassium, folate, magnesium.
- Vitamin C present in it works as a powerful antioxidant which is essential for the immune system.
- Also, with the help of vitamin C, bone formation, wound healing, and gum health are better.
- Orange juice is high in folate.
- Apart from this, it is a good source of minerals such as potassium that regulate blood pressure, prevent bone damage, prevent heart disease and stroke.
Potential Side Effects
- Orange juice is known to have many health benefits but it is also high in calories and sugar.
- It does not contain fiber as compared to whole fruits, due to which the stomach does not feel full and the chances of weight gain are high.
- It has been seen in many studies that drinking fruit juices regularly leads to weight gain over time.
- Many types of orange juice available in the market contain extra sugar which increases the blood sugar level.
- At the same time, other studies have also found that regularly drinking sugary beverages increases the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Therefore, in such a situation, consuming fresh fruit juices or juices in limited quantity is beneficial.
- Keep in mind that there is no need to add any added sugar to fresh fruit juices.
- If you want, you can take orange juice mixed with some water, this can reduce the calories and limit the chances of gaining weight.
Orange juice can be a favorite beverage for many people. It is packed with nutrients like high antioxidants, vitamin C, folate and potassium.
Consuming regularly includes several health benefits such as improved heart health, reduced risk of kidney stones along with the incidence of inflammation.
However, orange juice is high in sugar and calories, so it is better to drink fresh orange juice without adding sugar instead of the juice available in the market.