In this article, you will know about the interesting facts related to cats, knowing which you will be surprised –
What are the interesting facts about cats?
- It is believed that the cat is the only mammal that cannot taste sweets.
- Cats see 6 times better at night than humans.
- An average healthy adult cat spends 70 percent of its life sleeping. A cat gets about 12 to 16 hours of sleep every day. (Click here to know about the facts related to dogs)
- There are 206 bones in the human body while there are 230 bones in the cat’s body.
- People who have kept a cat must have noticed many times that the cat will open its mouth and stare at you from time to time.
- This is because cats have extra organs in their bodies that help them test the scent in the air.
- The cat knows how to use its whiskers well, so that it finds out how much space it needs to be feet.
- Usually, a cat’s whiskers are equal to the width of its body.
- Talking about the height, the record for the tallest cat in the world is 48.5 inches.
- The gait of a cat is similar to that of a camel and a giraffe. (The best apps for cats to help you)
- In ancient Egypt, the cat was considered very revered.
- A pet cat can run at a speed of about 30 MPH.
- A female cat has the ability to become pregnant only after 4 months of age.
- Grapes, raisins, onions, garlic etc. are one of the most harmful foods for cats.
- The life expectancy of a cat (non-domesticated) ranges from 2 to 16 years.
- Keeping the cat active during the day can help her sleep better at night.
- Male cats need more calories to maintain their weight.
- Apart from this, the way of learning anything new of a cat can be like that of a child of 2 to 3 years.
- The domestic cat is so fast that it can beat even the fastest runner in the world in a 200 meter race.
- It can jump more than 6 times its own length.
- You can give toilet training to the cat.
- Cat can drink sea water to save life.
- Like humans, cats also dream. (These amazing facts related to dolphins will stun you – click here to know more)
- Like other animals, there are many species of cats too.
- Talking about a wild cat, after giving birth, she eats her unhealthy child.
- Also, due to the nutritional benefits, the cat also eats the placenta of its children.
- If we talk about development, then 15 years of human life and 1 year of cat’s life is equal.
- A cat can rotate its ears up to 180 degrees.
- Their hearing ability is 5 times faster than humans.
- One of the most interesting things is that the cat is very afraid of cucumbers.
- Cats have 18 toes, 5 on the front legs and 4. on the back
It can be a good idea to have a cat or to think of keeping one. But before that you need to know about them.
FAQs – Facts about Cats
How clever is a cat?
- Cats are very smart animals. It can remember many things for a short time or for a long time.
- Also can understand a lot of things.
Are cats evil?
- A cat is just a cat. Like humans, each cat has its own identity.
Do cats bite?
- This is quite unusual.
- But there can be many reasons for the sudden bite of a cat.
- Keep in mind that cat bites are not always caused by aggression.
Are cats loyal?
- It depends on each cat. Most cats think you are no better than them.
- Cats can be loyal. But dogs have this characteristic while cats do not.
Are cats intelligent?
- Cats are the most intelligent of animals.
- Dogs have 160 million neurons while cats have 300 million neurons.
Do cats know their names?
If you have named your cat, they know it – even if they ignore it.
How many different kinds of cats are there?
There are more than 20 cat breeds.
What is the lifespan of a healthy cat?
A healthy average life span for cats is 15 years old, but some have lived as long as 20 or even 30 years.
What is the difference between a Siamese and a Maine Coon cat?
- The Maine Coon is a big cat, the Siamese has long fur.
Are cats color blind or do they see better than humans in low light conditions?
There is no scientific evidence that cats are colorblind. However, some studies report they see better in low light than humans.
What cool things can cats do?
- Some cool things cats can do include climbing trees, playing catch, and using their whiskers to explore.