A heart attack is a serious medical condition that requires immediate medical attention. In this article you will know what is heart attack, its causes, symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention –
What is Heart Attack?
When the oxygen supply reaching our heart suddenly gets interrupted and due to this there is a possibility of our death, then such a condition is known as heart attack.
There can be many reasons for this happening, but some people may see some signs before a heart attack like –
- Respiratory distress
- Chest pain
- Upper body pain
What are the causes of heart attack?
- One of the most common reasons for this is the formation of plague in the arteries, which prevents blood from reaching the heart muscle.
- A heart attack can also be caused by a blood clot or damage to blood vessels.
What are the symptoms of heart attack?
- Dizziness or spinning of the head
- to sweat
- chest pain or discomfort
Apart from this, there are many such symptoms of heart attack which are different in men and women.
What are the risk factors associated with heart attack?
The risk of heart attack can increase due to the following conditions, but you cannot change some factors such as –
- Gender – Men are more likely to have it than women.
- Age – The risk of heart attack is higher in people who are above 65 years of age.
- Family history – Having a family history, high blood pressure, obesity, or diabetes, the risk is higher.
The following risk factors can be changed such as –
How to diagnose heart attack?
- The condition is diagnosed on the basis of your physical examination and medical history.
- The doctor can also do an ECG to check the heart.
- Apart from this, other tests can be done to check blood samples or heart conditions.
What is the treatment of heart attack?
To find out the cause of heart attack, the doctor can do the following tests. After which appropriate treatment is given based on the cause.
For this, the doctor can give you a catheter, which can be inserted into the veins to see the areas formed by the plague. After which the process is completed.
Surgery or non-surgical procedure may be needed in case of heart attack. Due to which relief in pain and subsequent heart attack can be prevented.
Heart attack treatment process
- Heart valve surgery – In valve replacement surgery, valves are replaced to help the heart pump.
- Pacemaker – A device placed under the screen which is necessary for a normal heartbeat.
- Stent – This is a small tube that is inserted into the artery.
- Heart transplant – It is done when the tissue is damaged due to heart attack.
- Heart bypass surgery – In this, blood is rerouted around the blockage.
- Angioplasty – In this, the plague is removed from the blocked artery.
Apart from this, medicines are also given by the doctor to treat heart attack.
Alternative treatment –
- Lifestyle changes can reduce the risk of heart attack by improving heart health.
- Healthy diet and lifestyle are essential for heart health.
Complications associated with heart attack?
- There are many complications associated with a heart attack. When a heart attack occurs, it changes the normal heart rhythm. Stops being serious.
- This abnormal heart rhythm is called an arrhythmia.
- During a heart attack, when the blood supply to the heart does not reach, some tissue can die from it.
- This can weaken the heart and increase the chances of life loss like heart failure.
- Heart attacks can affect your heart valves and leak.
Apart from all these, the time taken to get treatment in cases of heart attack and the damaged area can tell the long-term effect on your heart.
How can heart attack be prevented?
- There are many such factors which are out of our reach but with some steps you can keep your heart healthy.
- One of the main causes of heart disease is smoking.
- It can be cured by stopping smoking and adopting a healthy lifestyle.
- Apart from this, the risk can be reduced by healthy diet, exercise, staying away from alcohol.
- In case of diabetes keep a check on your blood glucose level along with taking medicines on time.
For any other questions or related problems related to heart attack or other heart, contact the doctor. Depending on the situation, he will provide you with the appropriate treatment.
FAQs – Heart attack
Why does a silent heart attack happen?
- There are many people who do not know and plague gets accumulated in their nerves.
- Due to which oxygen and essential nutrients are not able to reach the necessary organs of the body through the blood.
- Also, due to the accumulation of plague, there is a blockage due to which the heart beat becomes unbalanced and heart attack or cardiac arrest occurs.
How to make heart strong?
- Regular exercise
- Eating healthy foods
- Lifestyle changes etc.
Which yoga should be done to strengthen the heart?
What happens before a heart attack occurs?
What to do in case of attack?
- This is a condition requiring immediate medical attention.
- If you are alone, then you should immediately contact any of your friends or relatives without delay.
- People suffering from heart disease problem should keep Disprin tablet at home.